HousingWorks Vision & Mission
Austin is a community where everyone has the opportunity for a secure and affordable home.
HousingWorks advocates a wide range of housing options so that all Austinites can afford a home that is close to jobs, family, schools, recreation, and places of worship.
- HousingWorks will build an ongoing broad-based coalition with diverse perspectives and interests to promote housing solutions over the long-term.
- HousingWorks will promote a public culture that not only values affordability but also ensures affordable homes are located throughout our community. It will promote neighborhoods with a wide range of housing options for all income levels (i.e. mixed income neighborhoods).
- HousingWorks will advocate policies that preserve neighborhoods, allowing families to stay in their homes and neighborhoods if they choose.
- HousingWorks will gather research and encourage dialogue across varied perspectives. Its public policy positions will be based on informed study.
- Through education, HousingWorks will build the public's knowledge and experience around community needs, best practices, neighborhood planning strategies, real estate options, and housing finance.
- HousingWorks will advocate policies that create and supply affordable housing in every part of town and where it is most needed. HousingWorks will confront social, economic, and racial practices that are discriminatory and result in a segregated city.